Junyi Chen is an associate of the firm. She practises intellectual property law with an emphasis on pharmaceutical patent litigation and health sciences.
Junyi’s area of practice focuses on patent litigation, particularly in the pharmaceutical field. She has extensive experience with proceedings under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations as well as patent actions and judicial reviews. She also has experience with patent and trade-mark prosecution.
Her practice includes litigation management, preparation of expert evidence and advocacy. Junyi has appeared frequently before the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal.
In addition to being a lawyer, Junyi is a Registered Canadian Trade-mark Agent and holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
- Canadian Association of Professionals in Regulatory Affairs
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA), Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Associate
- The Advocates’ Society, Member
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG), Member
Heather Watts and Junyi Chen both spoke on the topic of Changes to the Patent Act resulting from CETA at the CAPRA Education Day on June 1, 2017.
Junyi Chen will be participating as a panelist to discuss non-infringing alternatives in patent damages in the Fifth Annual University of Toronto Patent Colloquium. Other topics to be discussed at the Colloquium include: