Robert Dewald is an associate of the firm. He practises intellectual property law with an emphasis on patent drafting and prosecution.
Robert Dewald practises intellectual property law, with a focus on the acquisition, protection and commercialization of intellectual property rights in association with chemical and mechanical technologies.
He specializes in patent drafting and prosecution covering a broad range of subject areas, and also has experience in trade-mark prosecution, commercial transactions relating to IP, and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to practising law, Mr. Dewald worked as an engineer in the oil and gas industry specializing in operations and equipment design. Before joining the firm, Robert articled at a national full service law firm in Toronto.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA), Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Young Practitioners Committee Member
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), Member
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG), Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association (TLA), Member
On November 15, 2016 Robert Dewald is speaking at the University of Toronto Law School Intellectual Property Career Panel. The panel will be held in the Jackman Law Building, 78 Queens Park, room J125.
On September 15, 2016, Robert Dewald will be speaking on behalf of IPIC to provide an introduction to intellectual property law for the Ryerson Law Practice Program.