Michael Erdle is a founding member of the firm. Effective January 1, 2017, he has retired to pursue his passion of alternative dispute resolution, and can be found online at Practical Resolutions
Michael practices primarily in the areas of information technology and electronic commerce law. Michael’s areas of expertise include internet and e-commerce; electronic publishing; privacy; patent, trade-mark and copyright protection of information technology; technology development and licensing; technology transfers; joint ventures; private-public sector partnerships; financing of technology and technology ventures; outsourcing; and the mediation and arbitration of technology and intellectual property disputes.
- ADR Institute of Ontario, Director and Co-chair of the ADRIO Technology and Intellectual Property Section
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA), Founding Member of the Information Technology and E-Commerce Section
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Canadian IT Law Association (IT.CAN), Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Past President
- Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC), Member
- International Technology Law Association (ITECHLAW), Member
- Licensing Executive Society (LES), Member
- Toronto Computer Lawyers’ Group (TCLG), Member
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG), Member
A number of the IT partners attended the annual ITechLaw conference in San Diego, meeting new members and connecting with colleagues from around the world, and staying on top of world wide trends in technology law.