Heather Watts is a partner of the firm. She practises in the area of intellectual property with an emphasis on litigation.
Heather’s areas of practice include litigation relating to all forms of intellectual property. Heather appears regularly before the Federal Court of Canada and the Superior Court of Ontario. Her litigation experience covers patents, trade-marks and copyrights. Her focus is primarily on health technologies, including pharmaceuticals. Heather has been involved in all aspects of Notice of Compliance proceedings. She has also represented clients in litigation involving infringement and invalidity of pharmaceutical and other patents and in judicial review proceedings.
- Active member of American Bar Association (IP Section)
- Active member of AIPPI and AIPLA
- Admitted to the Bar of Ontario in February 2001
- LL.M., University of Toronto, 2005
- LL.B., University of Toronto, 1999
- B.A. (Ethics, Society and Law), University of Toronto, 1996
- Registered Trade-mark agent
Publications and Presentations
Heather has written a number of papers and book reviews on issues in intellectual property law. These works include such topics as litigating in the Federal Court of Canada, generic drugs and the developing world and global intellectual property rights.