Heather Watts is a partner of the firm. She practises in the area of intellectual property with an emphasis on litigation.
Heather’s areas of practice include litigation relating to all forms of intellectual property. Heather appears regularly before the Federal Court of Canada and the Superior Court of Ontario. Her litigation experience covers patents, trade-marks and copyrights. Her focus is primarily on health technologies, including pharmaceuticals. Heather has been involved in all aspects of Notice of Compliance proceedings. She has also represented clients in litigation involving infringement and invalidity of pharmaceutical and other patents and in judicial review proceedings.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member of Intellectual Property Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), Member
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA), Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Member
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG), Member
Heather Watts and Junyi Chen both spoke on the topic of Changes to the Patent Act resulting from CETA at the CAPRA Education Day on June 1, 2017.
A number of the partners attended the CBA IP Section's annual Judges' Dinner, which allows the bar to mingle with the bench at a black tie event in Ottawa.
For more about the CBA IP Section, see http://www.cba.org/CBA/sections_IP/main/.