Marijo Coates is a founding member of the firm. She practises intellectual property law with an emphasis on trade-mark licensing and protection.
Marijo’s areas of practice include advising on commercial transactions involving intellectual property such as licensing and merchandising agreements, distribution and supply agreements, and co-packing agreements. She also handles the intellectual property portfolios of clients in Canada and abroad. The businesses of these clients range from cosmetics, food and chemicals to software. She is involved in the prosecution and enforcement of her clients’ intellectual property rights, primarily trade-marks, copyright and confidential information.
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Member of Trademark Committee
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA), Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), Member
- Marques, Member
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (NSBS), Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow and Member of Trademark Joint Liaison Committee, and Trademark Legislation Committee