Gervas Wall is a founding member of the firm. He practices intellectual property and regulatory law, including patent, trade secret, and technology-related litigation.
Gervas’s practice extends from the prosecution of patent and trade-mark applications through to litigation of intellectual property rights. He appears in the courts of the Province of Ontario as well as the Federal Court of Canada, and before the Trade-mark Opposition Board and the Patent Appeal Board.
Gervas has more than twenty years experience in litigation in the intellectual property and information technology fields, including trials and injunction applications. He advises clients in complex licensing issues, and he has acted as special intellectual property counsel in major corporate transactions.
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Intellectual Property Section
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) – Fellow
- International Trade-marks Association (INTA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectulle
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Admitted to the Bar of Ontario in 1981
- Registered Canadian trade-mark agent
- Registered patent agent
- LL.B., University of Toronto
- B.Sc. (Organic Chemistry and Computer Science), McGill University
Publications and Presentations
Gervas regularly writes and speaks on Canadian intellectual property matters, including on patent protection, licensing, and security interests in intellectual property.