Hung Nguyen is a partner of the firm. He practises primarily in the area of trademark law.
Hung handles trademark portfolios of clients in Canada and abroad. He advises clients on all aspects of trademark law, ranging from clearance, filing, prosecution, opposition, enforcement to licensing. Hung’s clients range from manufacturers and retailers of foods, beverages, natural health products, consumer products, to insurance companies, government-funded organizations and non-profit professional associations.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Agent of the Year award for 2019, from a leading US-based IP law firm
World Trademark Review 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, leading trademark professionals in Canada (2017, 2018)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association, Observer
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, Fellow and Member of Conference Committee
- International Trademark Association, Member of Young Practitioners Committee
- European Communities Trademark Association, Member of Publications Committee
- Canadian Bar Association, Member of Intellectual Property Section
- Chair of Communications Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, 2021-2023
- Vice-Chair of Member Communications Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, 2019-2021
- Co-Chair of Course on International Trademark Law and Practice, Academic Committee, International Trademark Association, 2018-2019
- Chair of Trademark/Copyright Subcommittee, Conference Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, 2017
On November 18, 2017, Hung Nguyen will be moderating a panel presentation titled Update in IP and IT Law. The panel will take place during the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Annual Ontario Conference which is hosted at the Toronto Board of Trade.
The Event Schedule for the Conference is available here: https://on.facl.ca/tc-events/conference2017/
Hung Nguyen will be speaking at the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (17th General Assembly), in Okinawa, Japan on November 15, 2015. He will be presenting on "Signs" of Things to Come: Canada and Non-Traditional Trademarks
Partner Hung Nguyen will moderate the panel “3D Printing and IP: Novel Issues and Massive Opportunities” at the 89th Annual Meeting of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada on October 16, 2015 in Banff, Alberta.