Elisabeth is a co-editor of Mann’s Technology News (Carswell). She co-authored the chapter on Copyright in Electronic Commerce – A Practitioner’s Guide (Carswell) and the chapter on Doing Business with Government in the Business Laws of Canada (West). As well, she has written and published articles in various legal newsletters and newspapers since 2001.
Selected Articles (2018-2020)
- “Trends in Fair Dealing: Alexander Stross v. Trend Hunter Inc.”, Mann’s Technology Law Newsletter (Carswell), 2020, Issue 2
- “Skepticism and Online Identity: R. v. Morrison", Mann’s Technology Law Newsletter (Carswell), Issue 2, 2019
- “Application Programming Interfaces and Fair Use: A Story of Twists and Turns", Mann’s Technology Law Newsletter (Carswell), Issue 1, 2019
- "A Timeline for Friending and Connecting: How Have Legal Perspectives on the Use of Social Media Shifted?", for the 2018 World Conference of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
Elisabeth is also frequent speaker, presenting at conferences for legal, regulatory and other professionals.
Selected Presentations (2018-2020)
- “Reseller and VAR Agreements”, presentation to the Osgoode Certificate Program on Negotiating and Drafting IT Agreements, Toronto, Ontario, March 2020, presented with Bradley Limpert.
- “Host Platform Liability (Part One)”, curated and moderated, presentation to the 2019 European Technology Law Conference, International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw), held in Dublin, Ireland, October 2019.
- “AI and Investigatory Tools”, curated, presentation to the 2019 World Technology Law Conference, International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw), held in Boston, Massachusetts, May 2019.
- “Changing Legal Perspectives on Connecting with Social Media” presentation to the Toronto Chapter of the International Boutique Law Firm Association, Toronto, Ontario, January 2019.