Elisabeth Symons is Counsel to the firm. She practises information technology law.
Elisabeth helps public and private sector organizations to understand the legal issues that they face relating to technology and address them in creative and practical ways that help them to meet their objectives. She assists clients with: (i) a wide variety of technology agreements; (ii) procurement of technology; (iii) issues relating to distressed technology projects; and (iv) Internet issues.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Lawyers in Canada, LAWYER OF THE YEAR for Information Technology Law in Toronto, 2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Information Technology Law, 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Repeatedly Recommended for Computer & IT Law
- Canadian Bar Association (Ontario); Information Technology and Intellectual Property Section (Member, Former Chair)
- Canadian Bar Association (Ontario); Privacy and Access (Member)
- International Technology Law Association (Member, Co-vice Chair of the Interactive Entertainment and Media Committee)
- Canadian Technology Law Association (Member, Former Vice President, Former Director)
- Toronto Computer Lawyers’ Group (Member, Past Chair)
- American Bar Association (Member)
Dealing with legal risk is part of lawyers’ daily lives. It is integral, ever expanding and growing more complex as technology evolves, businesses models shift, interconnectedness increases and legal regimes change.