Jennifer Davidson is an associate of the firm. She practises information technology, privacy, cybersecurity and intellectual property law.
Jennifer Davidson practices technology law and intellectual property law at Deeth Williams Wall LLP, advising clients on protecting and commercializing innovations; intellectual property protection, licensing and disputes; drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions; privacy and data protection; and cybersecurity.
Jennifer is the Chair of the Ontario Bar Association’s IT & IP Law Section, Vice President of the Canadian Technology Law Association (CAN-TECH), Co-Chair of the Women in Technology committee @CAN-TECH, and member of the advisory board of an internationally recognized science and technology university.
Jennifer is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School and recipient of the Dean's Gold Key, the IP and Technology Law Prize and the Anita Sulley Award. Jennifer continues to maintain close ties with Osgoode Hall Law School, serving as a coach to the school’s competitive international IP mooting program.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jennifer worked in the technology sector, developing customized solutions and applications to small and medium sized enterprises.
Jennifer is a frequent speaker and writer on technology, cybersecurity and intellectual property law.
Jennifer joined DWW as a summer student in 2014 and completed her articles with the firm in 2017.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Dean's Gold Key, Osgoode Hall Law School
- IP & Technology Law Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Anita Sulley Award, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Chair, IP & IT Law Section, Ontario Bar Association
- Vice President and Board of Directors, Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech)
- Co-Chair, Women in Technology, Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech)
- Member of Council, Technion University Foundation of Canada
- Member of Council, Ontario Bar Association
- Women's Law Association of Ontario (Member)
- Canadian Bar Association (Member)
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority (Member)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (Member)
- Toronto Computer Lawyers' Group (Member)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (Member)
- Toronto Lawyers Association (Member)
Jennifer R. Davidson to co-chair the Ontario Bar Association's 2020 program: The "Next Normal" : Emerging Technologies for Today's Challenges on December 2, 2020 from 12:00 pm - 2:00pm (ET)
The program discusses the world transformation towards long term solutions to the pandemic environment and how new technologies play a role in our safety and health.
Richard Austin and Jennifer Davidson will speak on Cyber Challenges Presented by Remote Employees at the Legal Issues in Privacy & Cyber Security Infonex Conference on November 18, 2020.
Criminals are using the current COVID-19 crisis to ramp up their game and take advantage of vulnerabilities. Regardless of industry, every organization is at a higher risk of cyberattack.