Jennifer Davidson is a partner of the firm. She practises information technology, privacy, cybersecurity and IP law.
Jennifer Davidson practices Technology, Privacy, Cybersecurity and IP law at Deeth Williams Wall LLP in Toronto, Canada.
Jennifer’s technology practice encompasses a wide range of technology-related transactional matters, including data protection, licensing, development, S/I/PaaS, IP protection and commercialization, particularly with respect to emerging technologies and machine learning algorithms.
In Jennifer’s cybersecurity practice, Jennifer advises clients on all aspects of the digital risk management lifecycle, including preparedness, risk assessment, incident response, hostage negotiations, mitigation, emergency management, due diligence and regulatory compliance. Jennifer acts as breach counsel for clients in both the public and private sectors, managing security incidents on local, national and international levels.
Jennifer is the President of the Canadian Technology Law Association (CAN-TECH), past Chair of the OBA’s IP & IT Law Section and a member of the faculty at Osgoode Hall Law School’s Drafting and Negotiation IT Agreements certificate program. Jennifer is also the coach of Osgoode’s international intellectual property mooting team, competing annually in the Oxford International IP Moot.
In June 2022, Jennifer was recognized with the Precedent Setter Award from Precedent Magazine. The Precedent Setter Awards recognize Toronto lawyers who have shown excellence and leadership in their first ten years of practice. Jennifer was also recently recognized on the Ones to Watch list in the practice areas of Intellectual Property Law and Privacy & Data Security Law by Best LawyersTM Canada 2022.
Jennifer is a frequent speaker and writer on technology, cybersecurity, privacy and intellectual property law as well as matters pertaining to equality, diversity and inclusion in the legal sector.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jennifer worked in the technology sector for over 10 years, developing customized solutions and applications to small and medium sized enterprises.
Jennifer joined DWW as a summer student in 2014 and completed her articles with the firm in 2017.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Technology Law, Canada, 2023
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, Canada, 2023
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Privacy & Data Security Law, Canada, 2023
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Information Technology Law, Canada, 2023
- Precedent Setter Award, Precedent Magazine, 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Privacy & Data Security Law, Canada, 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, Canada, 2022
- Dean's Gold Key, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- Gowling WLG IP & Technology Law Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- Anita Sulley Award, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- President, Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech)
- Past Chair, IP & IT Law Section, Ontario Bar Association
- Past Co-Chair, Women in Technology, Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech)
- Council Member, Technion University Foundation of Canada
- Committee Member, OBA Technology and Practice Innovation Committee
- Faculty, Drafting and Negotiating IT Agreements, Osgoode Professional Development program
- Council Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Council Member, IP Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Women's Law Association of Ontario (Member)
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority (Member)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (Member)
- Toronto Computer Lawyers' Group (Member)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (Member)
- Toronto Lawyers Association (Member)
DWW Partner Jennifer Davidson will speak at the Ontario Bar Association's Professional Development Program: IP Law Fundamentals on October 3, 2022.
Don’t miss the opportunity to get up to speed on the fundamentals of intellectual property law. In addition, hear about emerging issues and trends in IP and crucial insights on how to develop and build your IP law practice from seasoned practitioners.
Join Jennifer as she speaks on emerging issues and trends in IP law, including:
DWW Associate Jennifer Davidson will moderate a discussion on The Digital Identity Revolution: Everything You Need To Know on January 17, 2022.
Sit down with Jennifer and a panel of leading experts to discuss the adoption and implementation of digital identification and confront the queries and emerging issues that limit its widespread adoption, such as:
DWW Associate Jennifer R Davidson will moderate a panel discussing Blockchain and Non-Fungible Tokens in Practice Today: Practical Applications and Legal Issues in Copyright, Finance, Entertainment and More at the 2021 CAN-TECH LAW Annual Conference on October 20th, 2021.
Join Jennifer and a panel of experts to learn about the applications of blockchain and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and to build your expertise in this rapidly developing area.
The panel will discuss: